We are excited to have your child join us for the 1,000 books before Kindergarten program.
Enjoy reading 1,000 books with your little ones!
Use our Beanstack online platform to register & log the books you read at https://trussvillelibrary.beanstack.org (choose "Sign up for Trussville Public Library Challenges") or download the Beanstack app to your smart device.
Reading to your young child helps strengthen language skills and build vocabulary –important building blocks for learning to read independently. We have a ton of great books at the library, and also ebooks & audiobooks are available online with your library card.
It's never too early to start reading with your child!
(small completion prizes are awarded for every 200 books read & logged into beanstack)
This is a self-directed & self-paced program. Please contact the Children's Department with any questions.
Registering for Beanstack:
1. Visit https://trussvillelibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
2. Click register an individual or family (register yourself or your child depending on who will be participating.)
3. Answer the questions and fill out the online registration form. Fill in all required fields.
4. Create a username and password that you will be able to remember for repeated use.
6. Click yes if you need to register other family members, or yourself.
Logging reading into Beanstack via computer:
1. Sign into your beanstack account at https://trussvillelibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
2. If you have registered for multiple programs you will click “Challenges” in order to select 1000 books
3. You can then click “Log Reading and Activities” for the challenge
4. Add required information about the book or time you want to log, click “Log”
Logging reading into Beanstack via mobile App:
1. Download the App "Beanstack Tracker"
2. Sign into your beanstack account via the App
3. From the homepage of the App you will click the + symbol
4. You can then choose to log reading or activities
5. Choose the method that you would like to use to log your reading
6. You can also use the App to log your minutes and hours read